My name is Julie R. Andersen or Julie Ragnhild Andersen. I am a 28-year-old Norwegian. I grew up in Boston. I work as a communication consultant with Burson-Marsteller in Oslo.
When I started this blog in June 2005, I had just finished high school, lived with my parents, had at least 400 books in my bedroom and mainly blogged about books, words, writing and things I just couldn’t stop thinking about. Since then I have:
- completed three degrees: International Studies (BA), Journalism (BA) and Economic History (MSc)
- moved to both Paris and London – but I keep coming back to Oslo
- written and/or edited for E24, Teknisk Ukeblad, VG, Argument and Minerva
- found a new favorite dance, West Coast Swing
- experienced a lot of things for the first time, including using a Kindle, Twitter and Facebook, interviewing people, getting published outside of this blog, paying rent, going to Africa, enjoying live opera, enjoying tomatoes, and drinking (but not enjoying) coca-cola.
I blog in English and in Norwegian. It’s still mainly books, words, writing and things I can’t stop thinking about. Like I wrote back in 2005, this blog is an ever-changing snapshot of the part of my mind I let the whole world read.
For more CV-like info, here’s my LinkedIn profile.
On Twitter, I’m called @julierandersen