I like question-and-answer memes because I like answering questions about myself (embarrassing, but true. I also like filling in questionaires.) But I also like memes because when I go back and read the archives, the answers are like a little piece of frozen time, with tiny details of my life that I would never specifically blog about. So even though a meme is not really "serious" enough for my blog (eh, whatever), here’s one:
1. Make a list of 5 things that are in your bag: (these are the first five things I find)
– red leather gloves
– the latest issue of argument
– dance shoes
– black shoe shine
– red nail polish
2. What is the significance of your journal name?
This website is run by my own rules, according to Julie, which is my name. It was the working title when my dad first set up this site ages ago, and the fact that it shows up top of peoples’ alphabetized blog rolls is nice.
3. What is one item of clothing you wish you could always wear?
Nothing. I mean, I crave variety.
4. What do you plan to do after this meme?
Go test a coffee shop while editing a book.
5. What are you listening to right now?
6. Who was the last person you hugged?
One of my dance partners, as we said good-bye on the subway after dance class.
7. What was the last thing you downloaded?
A draft of the book I’m editing.
8. What did you do today?
Not much so far. Blogged.
9. What was the last game you played?
The game of Life, with my family last Sunday.
10. What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Gmail. E24. Facebook. Also Twitter, via Tweetdeck.
11. What irritates you nearly on a daily basis?
Moziers/slow walkers. Actually, make that slowness in communication/transportation in general, including buses, walking, internet access and people who don’t answer their phones.
12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
South Africa, as the only reason I’m not there now is that I can’t afford it.
13. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Age 4: A witch, or a librarian. Then I found out that so many librarians are witches, and changed my career plans.
Age 6: An actess.
Age 8: An actress first, then an author of children’s books.
Age 10: A writer
Age 12: A writer.
14. Ever had a weird dream? What was it about?
I have a lot of weird dreams. I find them entertaining, but then I tend to forget them.
15. What are you doing this weekend?
Learning the Lindy Hop.
16. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
17. What’s the one thing you need the most now?
A solution to a problem that I’m not going to blog about.
18. If you could have one superpower, what kind of power would you choose?
19. What was the last thing you ate?
Wasa crackers with cream cheese and pesto.
20. A feature that you like about yourself.