- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- New Economist, recently added to my Bloglines
- What Sex is Sam Berlant? Sometimes authors don’t know everything about their own characters.
- Forsyningsdepartementet. It’s a shame this is only funny to Norwegians, because it explains Norway very well. Who but the Norwegians would quarrel about language when there’s a world war to worry about?
- Iskwew’s thoughts, because she has a sister with ME too
- Gjennom Vinduet is still wonderful
I listened to
- Amon Tobin, supposedly "a dense, plunderphonic kaleidoscope of an album with giant, noisy jazz breaks and groovy electronic synthwork" which I mainly used to drown out background noise in the university corridor
- Mika, I hadn’t thought I would enjoy the whole album as much as I enjoy the first song, but I did. You wouldn’t think that he could get away with some of his lyrics and still be able to stay mainstream, but the music in itself is just so sweet.
- Mean Girls, sometimes the most over-the-top, stupid teen movies are really the most believable. Unfortunately. (Oh, and a quote which I might one day use to insult someone: "Her clothes look like they were picked out by a blind Sunday school teacher." It’s kind of like the one from Peter’s Friends (which is a great movie, one of those that my parents have watched so many times that I knew most of the lines by heart long before I knew what they meant): "You make Mother Theresa look like a hooker.")