What I want:
- music (here are suggestions and more suggestions)
- a DVD player
- in general: stuff for my apartment
- clothes. Clothes are always good. Except I don’t really have room in my closet. But who cares, I have the attic and the basement.
- Amazon.com gift certificates. Like clothes, they always work.
- believe me, I wouldn’t mind "experience" type gifts either, like tickets for things or promises to make me dinner or take me somewhere or whatever. Be creative.
- a couple of big cushions that I can put in the attic and use as extra seats when I have more party guests than chairs
- more room on my hard disc (or an alternative way of storing music/pictures)
- things that you put under hot things to protect the table (there is no word for this in Norwegian, and I can’t remember if there is one in English)
- large wine glasses (I just bought six "Sentimento Salina" glasses from Hadeland, so now I don’t really need this anymore, unless you want to add more from the same series)
- theater tickets
What I don’t want:
- jewellery. This may sound harsh, and I will probably love any jewellery I actually recieve. So if you have a particular piece of jewellery in mind, and this is a well-thought-out special gift, go for it. But don’t go out and buy me jewellery because you can’t think of anything else. I have so much of it now I don’t have time to wear it all, and I end up wearing the same things over and over.
- notebooks. I am particular about what I write in, and no matter how cute the cover is, I won’t use if it isn’t right. I already have a drawer full of beautiful little notebooks that I will probably never use.
- anything for my apartment that isn’t returnable. I might already have something similar, and if you read Norwegian, you know how I hate the very idea of interior decorating stuff that can’t be returned.
I now realize that I haven’t mentioned books and coffee. I guess that just goes without saying.