I can’t believe it! This weekend, I noticed that Aftenposten, the largest newspaper in Norway had finally written about Jobs’ brilliant speech – long after I had described it as old, yet still interesting news. Yet another example of how slow Norwegian media can be (my favorite was when they presented Wikipedia … summer 2005!)
But there’s a twist: apparantly the story is in Aftenposten because of my post. One of my high-school teachers read my post, found it interesting and mentioned it to another teacher. She mentioned it to her husband, an Aftenposten journalist, and a day or two later…
Should this annoy me? Maybe, but at least this way, even more people get to read this wonderful speech.
The story, in my teacher’s (Norwegian) words:
Hei! La du merke til at Aftenposten skrev om talen til Jobs i helgen?
The story goes like this:
1. Jeg leste bloggen din. Fatter interesse for talen hans.
2. Jeg nevner den for Julia - kanskje hun kan bruke talen i engelsk VK2?
3. Julia nevner den for sin mann, journalisten.
4. Journalisten nevner dette for en kollega i Aftenposten.
5. Kollegaen skriver artikkelen i avisen.
Minner litt om Inger Hagerup ikke sant? ("I huset bortenfor huset bortenfor..." osv osv)